As AAR’s 2013 President, I’ve been officially on the job for four days. For those of you that I haven’t yet met, I thought I’d share a quick list of things you might not know about me. I live in Goodyear with my best friend and husband of 42 years, Ray Flucke. I have two beautiful daughters, Toni and Anitra, and a wonderful son-in-law, Cody – and my little princess granddaughter, Ava.
Here’s ten more things about me you might not know:
- If I wasn’t a REALTOR® I’d be a teacher. I’m also a retired Christian clown, “PoPo,” who worked in nursing homes, hospitals, malls and churches.
- If I could have dinner with a celebrity it would be with Abraham Lincoln. I think his mind and character are so amazing. His courage was second-to-none.
- I was first licensed and practiced real estate in Joplin, Missouri. I also worked in the mortgage business in Houston, Texas. The best career advice I ever received was: “Always focus on your client; never money. When you focus on the money, you lose every time. When you focus on your client, everyone benefits.”
- If I could only watch one movie for the rest of my life, it would be Camelot.
- My biggest pet-peeve is know-it-alls. I don’t pretend to “know-it-all” or be the expert. I learn something every day.
- If I won the lottery, I’d give 10 percent to church, pay off my mortgage, pay off daughters’ mortgages, and travel, travel, travel. (I actually planned all of this by thinking I would win the big PowerBall!)
- I prefer dogs over cats. They aren’t nearly as fussy or leave the permanent damages that cats do. And yes, I’ve had both break my heart!
- My favorite place to visit is my home state, Missouri. I still have a lot of family & friends there.
- Our family’s holiday tradition is to spend Christmas Eve services at church, followed by family dinner and gift exchange. (Yes, Santa comes to our house early.)
- In 2013, I’m looking forward to exceeding expectations – for our members and my own for the association. Personally, I have a big surprise coming next summer.
I’m truly looking forward to working with the members and local associations in 2013.
Enjoy this post? Get the latest blog.aaronline.com posts sent to you by subscribing via email or RSS.