As AAR’s 2013 President, I’ve been officially on the job for four days. For those of you that I haven’t yet met, I thought I’d share a quick list of things you might not know about me. I live in Goodyear with my best friend and husband of 42 years, Ray Flucke. I have two beautiful daughters, Toni and Anitra, and a wonderful son-in-law, Cody – and my little princess granddaughter, Ava.
Here’s ten more things about me you might not know:
- If I wasn’t a REALTOR® I’d be a teacher. I’m also a retired Christian clown, “PoPo,” who worked in nursing homes, hospitals, malls and churches.
- If I could have dinner with a celebrity it would be with Abraham Lincoln. I think his mind and character are so amazing. His courage was second-to-none.
- I was first licensed and practiced real estate in Joplin, Missouri. I also worked in the mortgage business in Houston, Texas. The best career advice I ever received was: “Always focus on your client; never money. When you focus on the money, you lose every time. When you focus on your client, everyone benefits.”
- If I could only watch one movie for the rest of my life, it would be Camelot.
- My biggest pet-peeve is know-it-alls. I don’t pretend to “know-it-all” or be the expert. I learn something every day.
- If I won the lottery, I’d give 10 percent to church, pay off my mortgage, pay off daughters’ mortgages, and travel, travel, travel. (I actually planned all of this by thinking I would win the big PowerBall!)
- I prefer dogs over cats. They aren’t nearly as fussy or leave the permanent damages that cats do. And yes, I’ve had both break my heart!
- My favorite place to visit is my home state, Missouri. I still have a lot of family & friends there.
- Our family’s holiday tradition is to spend Christmas Eve services at church, followed by family dinner and gift exchange. (Yes, Santa comes to our house early.)
- In 2013, I’m looking forward to exceeding expectations – for our members and my own for the association. Personally, I have a big surprise coming next summer.
I’m truly looking forward to working with the members and local associations in 2013.