On December 1, Evan Fuchs, ABR, CRS, GRI, broker/owner of Bullhead Laughlin Realty became the 2014 president of AAR.
Here are 10 things you might not know about Evan:
1. If he weren’t a REALTOR® he’d be a teacher or a computer programmer. Evan said: “I really love learning and I’ve found that if you really want to understand something, the best way to do so is to teach it. Every time I teach a class I learn something.” With regards to his fascination with technology, he said, “I’ve always enjoyed taking things apart and I’m fascinated by how things work. That’s how I approach anything –from cars to contracts.”
2. If he could only watch one movie for the rest of his life, it would be: The Godfather Part II
3. The best career advice he’s ever received was from a manager when he worked in restaurants. Evan said, “I had just become a new manager and he told me to enjoy being new and take advantage of it and not be afraid to ask questions. That’s helped me a lot in my career. I use that advice to this day. I don’t think anyone should be afraid to explore and learn new things.Asking questions is a great way to gain understanding.”
4. If he won the lottery, he says he’d “figure out a way to see the world and do something meaningful with his time.” But, first, he says he’d find a luxurious place to hole up for a while to let the frenzy die down.
5. While he likes them both, Evan tends to prefer dogs over cats. “They are loyal,” he said. “And unconditionally loving and are so appreciative and happy to see you.” Evan has two dogs of his own.
6. Evan is a fan of travel. One of his favorite trips was taken in 2002 with his now wife, Diana. “We spent a week on the Amalfi coast,” said Evan. “It’s so full of culture, good food, great wine, incredible history and beautiful old cities.”
7. Evan’s trip to Italy has inspired his choice of coffee. When at Starbucks, he always orders an Americano, which is espresso and water. “I got hooked on them in Italy,” he said.
8. When asked to give an example of his biggest pet-peeve, Evan said, “I don’t like small thinking or closed-mindedness. I don’t like cutting off options or being stuck in a box.”
9. With the holiday’s approaching, Evan said that he spends each Christmas with his two daughters, his wife and his parents and his wife’s parents.
10. In 2014, Evan said that he’s looking forward to serving alongside his leadership team. “We met in San Francisco [at the NAR Annual Convention] and I’m looking forward to seeing how each person’s talent and expertise will play out this year.” Editor’s note: If you’d like to learn more about this year’s committee chairs, be sure to check the upcoming issue of Arizona REALTOR® magazine.