Tech Tools & You: eSign
During the 2017 Arizona REALTOR® Convention, VP of Business Services & Technology Nick Catanesi presented updates on four of the associations most-popular tech tools.
What is a signature?
- A visual representation which indicates an individual’s consent or acknowledgement
- In the case of a contract in a transaction management system, proof that the broker saw the document
What is the difference between an electronic signature and a digital signature?
- An electronic signature is created by the click of a mouse or by using your finger to trace a handwritten signature; it does not require authentication of the signer
- A digital signature it a type of electronic signature, but offers more security through an authentication of identity; this authentication is embedded into the document which is then locked to prevent tampering
Where is the signature?
- The Original PDF from AAR eSign
- The Certificate of Authenticity
Important things to do with digitally signed documents:
- Save and distribute copies of the original document
- Always save the Certificate of Authenticity – include it in your file
Questions or need training?
- Contact Business Services Support at firstname.lastname@example.org or 866.833.7357