The Coolest Thing You Can Use Now

by Ron LaMee on July 19, 2010

Continuing his “What I Learned at RE Connect 2010″ series, Ron LaMee shares this tip that you can implement in your business immediately.

Image from ConnectMyBuyer.com

What: Create a flyer for your new buyer or tenant to help them with utility and communication connections

Who: Any agent or property manager

Where: www.ConnectMyBuyer.com

Cost: Free

The Story: My son, Jon, is moving to Tucson to go to school and rented an apartment. Naturally, he started wondering about his options for Internet service and utilities. His REALTOR® sent him an ugly, much re-faxed page listing every utility and service offered in the Tucson area… not very useful.

At RE Connect, I found ConnectMyBuyer.com and created a very cool online flyer that gave him specific information for his address. It included links to the utility and cable company with lowest-price guarantees. I customized the flyer with my photo and clever comments for his benefit.

Jon was very impressed with how professional it looked and the specific information for his address. In less than five minutes, you can register and send your first free flyer. Try it for your own address. Every agent and property manager in Arizona should give this a shot. Please let me know if you come up with any weird or inaccurate information.

Comments Closed

{ 7 comments }

Jay Thompson July 19, 2010 at 4:06 pm

I saw ConnectMyBuyer.com at Connect SF last week, tried it yesterday and it worked like a charm.

The price is right too….

kerry melcher July 19, 2010 at 10:02 pm

I used it yesterday too. I loved it and so did my Buyer.

Ron LaMee July 20, 2010 at 3:53 pm

Some Facebook fans mentioned the info isn’t always accurate, so I emailed Frank Chimento, Allconnect’s Regional Sales Manager. He responded:

“We love identifying areas where information is not lining up correctly and really only find out about when it’s pointed out (like some Facebook commenters have done). I say we “love” this because that is how we’re able to quickly identify gaps in our data feeds and fix the “pocket.”

For example, I live in a suburb of Tampa where Brighthouse is the dominant cable, Internet provider. But they weren’t listed at my house. When we investigated, we found out that Brighthouse uploaded a two year old “feed” to us and my neighborhood was left out. It has since been remedied and working properly. As you can imagine, we have staff devoted to staying “in front” of information and data feed updates with service providers. It’s never an exact science and we’re always paying attention.”

This product has such potential, I think it’s worth helping them get it right. This is putting Frank on the spot, but I suggest you send any comments to fchimento@allconnect.com.

Frank Chimento July 20, 2010 at 7:48 pm

Ron, thanks for putting me on the spot. lol Actually, it’s no problem at all. That’s what we’re here to do. I also wanted to point out that for the few people that typed in a random address and didn’t see all or certain service providers, it doesn’t mean we are not providing the service. Let me explain. When the “flier” is generated online, it highlights certain providers “at-a-glance” based on several pieces of criteria that consumers appreciate. We can’t list everything in that “dashboard” type view because of space, but much more information is available when customers click and expand the service links.

Also, we’re already working with most major service providers and it never fails that someone will contact us and say something like, “I know this company that provides wireless internet services in (insert metro area here) and you should contact them.”

Often times when we contact smaller companies, they cannot handle the incredible volume of customers that we generate every single day. As one more example, I recently met with a fantastic boutique moving company/van line. They wanted us to include them as an option for people that may need help moving from state to state. Smart business idea, I thought. However, when I asked him if he could handle 25,000 new clients every single day of the year, he almost fell out of his chair. We are the largest, best kept secret in the real estate industry… until now. We’re actually a quite large and remarkable company. Until recently, our business model was focused on providing this “white-label” service for utility companies. After 11 years of building a nationwide footprint, Realtors can now benefit from the service we’re already providing their clients… but they haven’t been receiving any credit for it… until now!

Likewise, as we provide services and create Best-Of-Class experiences for our Realtor clients and their home-buying clients, we are committed to making sure that the end result and expected outcome is always outstanding.

The Real Estate channel at AllConnect is comprised of some industry veterans that have built careers on making products and services to help Realtors grow their business. We get it… and we’re on it! Thanks for helping us spread the word.

It is rare when great opportunities and ideas come along and we’re confident that we have a “game-changer” for Realtors and real estate brokers.

Our service is totally free for Realtors and their home buying clients. We do the work, you get the branding, marketing, recognition and credit. And, we’re providing this valuable service on the agents’ behalf… after the sale. And, that is an opportunity that ALL successful and top producing Realtors seize!

Tiffany Cloud July 21, 2010 at 11:46 am

Ron,
Hey thanks for the share – What a cool product!
Frank…. what a cool product! :)

Elaine Beery August 4, 2010 at 12:10 pm

Used it for the first time today…and loved it!! Looks so professional and amazing how simple it was to put together!! thanks for the tip :)

SedonaKathy aka Kathy Howe August 5, 2010 at 12:09 pm

Ron, thanks for the info…I’ll set it up this weekend!

Comments on this entry are closed.