Together, Brandon Doyle (second-gen REALTOR®), Nick Dreher (industry speaker-trainer), and Marshall Saunders (hyper-local real estate investment counselor) have more than 45 years of real estate experience.
They recently collaborated on the book Mindset, Methods & Metrics: Winning as a Modern Real Estate Agent.
Although the contents are laid out differently than the title, the content can help empower you to succeed:
- Mindset shares practices and philosophies to develop a successful business
- Metrics helps you determine where you are, want to be and how to get there
- Methods walks you through a number of proven marketing and referral strategies
The authors have graciously allowed us to paraphrase just a few excerpts from each of these sections.
- The Horizon Mindset
- Think relationally, not transactionally
- Commit to the long game of your real estate business, while taking specific, measured steps
- Backwards Economics
- Brian Buffini suggested that real estate agents should live their economic lives “backwards” as corporations do…the money you make is saved and applied toward your next fiscal year
- Instead of living on what you’re bringing in currently, live on the commissions you earned last year
- Find a Mentor
- Find someone who has achieved what you want to do, and learn as much as you can from them
- It’s foolish to waste time and energy reinventing an already very well-refined wheel
- Sales Funnel
(F.U. = Follow Up)
- Follow-Up Cycle
- Track clients you’ve had success in converting to closed sales and compare similarities among them
- Six steps to a successful conversion:
- First Touch – after initial contact, add the person and any notes to your database
- First Follow-Up – do so sooner rather than later; handwritten notes work well
- Second Follow-Up – try to set up a face-to-face meeting, continue building rapport
- Meeting – Refer back to your initial notes, then confirm and clarify their needs and wants
- Third Follow-Up – THE MOST IMPORTANT; maintain contact with emails and phone calls
- Conversion Meeting – Track your conversion ratio to identify success and failure points
- Define a geographic area of households, with a high likelihood of homeownership turnover, and send monthly mailings with the goal of increasing your listings
- By creating awareness among this community, you should become a real estate agent of choice
This 205 page book is chock-full of solutions that can help you find REAL Solutions to REALTOR® Success.