WordCamp Phoenix – with a Real Estate Track!

by Jay Thompson on November 16, 2010

WordCamp Phoenix Banner

WordCamp is coming to Phoenix, and there is a dedicated real estate track.

What’s a WordCamp?

From the “About” page:

The point of WordPress is to provide a powerful, flexible, scalable and easy-to-learn website tool that anyone can access for free.

The point of WordCamps is to celebrate this open tool by teaching people how to use WordPress, how to bend it to their will and even how to leverage it as a business–and to do it all for about the price of lunch.

In other words, it is a chance to learn a whole lot about WordPress, the software behind most of the successful blogs on the Internet. WordCamps have been held across the country, and for the first time ever, there is a track dedicated to real estate!

Come learn from real estate blogging wizards like Teresa Boardman, Mariana Wagner and Todd Carpenter (I don’t know about “wizard”, but I’ll be speaking as well) and other WordPress experts like Tyler Hurst and Cory Miller. In addition to the real estate track, there are also tracks dedicated to design, programming and marketing. There will be an “unconference” segment and a “genius bar.”

It is going to be a day (days, actually) jam-packed with information. And fun.

The real estate track only has room for 60 – 75 people, and I suspect it will fill up fast. But even if you can’t wedge into the real estate arena, there is goodness to be had all about.

Here is the full schedule.

And here is the registration page. It will sell out; get your tickets soon.

If you have any interest in WordPress, or making your existing WordPress site better, stronger and faster, then $35 is a small price to pay.

{ 1 trackback }

Tweets that mention WordCamp Phoenix – with a Real Estate Track! -- Topsy.com
November 22, 2010 at 11:51 am

{ 8 comments… read them below or add one }

Francces Flynn Thorsen November 22, 2010 at 10:32 am

I have my ticket for the event … The registration page prompted me to select Friday workshops. There was no option for tracks. How do I reserve my spot in the real estate track?

Jay Thompson November 22, 2010 at 11:01 am

I don’t think you can reserve a spot in the real estate track. Get there early and grab a seat. There are some GREAT topics outside the real estate track that would apply to RE. Problem is going to be how to be in four places at once…

Personally, I hope the RE track room is jam packed wall-to-wall. That would encourage other WordCamps across the country to consider a RE track, and give us more space at the next local event. The organizers are pushing the boundary (and taking a risk) by having a RE track, so I say we fill that venue up and make it worth having again!

Sage Dillon November 22, 2010 at 11:05 am

Jay beat me to it. Thanks, Jay!

Dru Bloomfield November 22, 2010 at 1:33 pm

I registered so long ago that I had to go back and make sure I really did. And that was before, the real estate track was announced. I’m psyched. What a great line-up!

Jonathan Dalton November 22, 2010 at 3:48 pm

This may get me there, though those of us a million miles away may need someone to hold us a seat.

Tiffany Cloud November 22, 2010 at 4:32 pm

Maybe I missed it, but what hashtag are we using for the event? All signed up, will be my first one – really looking forward to it…going to get my WordPress on!

Jay Thompson November 22, 2010 at 6:09 pm

@Sage – my pleasure!
@Dru – glad you’re coming!
@Jonathan – move to the east side and stop your whining… ;)
@Tiffany – #wcphx is the official hashtag. You can also follow @phxwordcamp on Twitter.

Francces Flynn Thorsen November 22, 2010 at 6:21 pm

I will hold your seat, Jonathan.