What You Need to Know About the dot REALTOR(r) Domain
All about the dot REALTOR® domain
Many agents already have “.com” or “.net” domain names. Soon, active REALTORS® will be able to apply for a “.realtor” domain name. You should keep the domain name you have been using, but if you like the marketing possibilities of a companion “.realtor” domain, read on.
- The new “.realtor” domain will be available October 23, 2014. If you have already signed up or reserved a domain, you must still formally claim your domain on October 23.
- The OFFICIAL claim link is http://www.claim.realtor/.
- Only active REALTORS® will be allowed to use the new domain.
- The first 500,000 members will receive their first year’s registration free. Subsequent years will cost $39.95/year. Discounts for multiple domains and multiple years will be available.
- Your new .realtor domain must contain your name. We understand that domains like “luxuryhomes.realtor” or “paradisevalley.realtor” will not be allowed.
- All of this information could change. We’ll try to update you as we get new information. Keep up to date on developments by visiting http://www.about.realtor/.
Again, if you get a new “.realtor” domain, we strongly recommend that you keep your current domain and link them together. Nearly any web consultant can help with this.
What do you think? Do you plan to go for a new “.realtor” domain? How do you plan to use it?