by Arizona REALTORS® on July 2, 2013

As a member of the Arizona Association of REALTORS® you receive many benefits. One of whom is Scott. Since January 2013, Scott Drucker has been AAR general counsel (replacing Michelle Lind as she took the helm as Chief Executive Officer). Scott is the primary legal advisor to the association and also oversees the Risk Management Committee, as well as the development of real estate forms and contracts .

Now that he’s been in his role for just over six months, AAR would like to introduce a new Web video series called “Ask Scott”. Members are welcome to send in their questions. And Scott will choose a few to read and answer each month. To send in your message simply:

Scott will share some of your questions in a video post, along with his answers. Here’s a short video explaining #AskScott more:

Here’s a little bit more about Scott:

  • Scott has a Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of Rochester and a Juris Doctor degree from The George Washington University of Law School.
  • Scott is currently licensed to practice law in Maryland and Arizona and began his legal career in Maryland negotiating and drafting endorsement and product licensing contracts for professional baseball players.
  • Scott became a founding partner in Mack, Drucker & Watson, PLC, a Phoenix-based law firm focusing on real estate litigation and transactions. He was there more than 10 years before joining AAR.

What would you like to ask Scott?



Esther Talbert July 5, 2013 at 9:58 am


The out of the ordinary things are always the ones that get varied responses by virtue of their “unique” situations.

How about this one! ARS defination and requirement about the seller being required to “Provide legal and travserable access by a 2 wheel vehicle.” when selling a property.

Question: What about properties that are located where you must go through Forest Service lands with no recorded easements and then private lands with recorded easements.

When the title company will give “Insurable Access” but there is no recorded legal access.

And when the access is not traversable by a 2 wheel vehicle.

Can a large piece of land be sold without meeting the ARS Statute?
Is there an exception to this rule?


Fla Holman August 29, 2013 at 9:41 am

Quick question: Is it legal for a buyer to e-sign his wife’s signature in a purchase contract, if she is not present?


Previous post:

Next post: