ADRE Collaborates on e-Solution for Property Management
The Arizona Department of Real Estate (ADRE) and the Arizona Department of Revenue (ADOR) are working together to educate property management companies (PMCs) on the process and advantages of the new e-Solution Bulk Upload Procedure to submit transaction privilege tax (TPT) to the state.
Since January 2018, PMCs have been able to import their clients’ TPT information in CSV, an Excel file format or enter the information manually.
The PMC is also able to maintain client lists as needed and may “engage” or “disengage” (simply add or remove) their status/obligations with their clients’ TPT licenses, all within their AZTaxes.gov account.
The e-Solution Bulk Upload Procedure is in compliance with Arizona Revised Statues (A.R.S.) § 42-5005(M) and A.R.S. §§ 32-2101 through 32-2176.
- PMCs must apply for a Property Management License with ADOR; this license is required for the PMC to act in a fiduciary capacity as the agent of the property owner
- At no cost, PMCs can enroll to file and pay on AZTaxes.gov
- With this license, PMCs can file and pay on their clients’ behalf using the Residential Rental Bulk Upload; taxpayers may find the application on azdor.gov
- Every residential rental property owner with taxable rental property is required to obtain an Arizona TPT license from ADOR for each location where residential rental income is taxable — this applies regardless if the owner personally rents out the property or employs a property management company; for more information, visit the Residential Rental Guidelines page
- An Arizona Real Estate License, and compliance with all Arizona real estate laws is required to conduct property management activity in this state. For more information, visit azre.gov.
Recommendations and Best Practices:
Taxpayers may also view a YouTube tutorial on how to sign up for AZTaxes.gov on YouTube.